Software Test Engineer
ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Firefly Aerospace Inc. is an American end-to-end space transportation company committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch and spacecraft vehicles.
We are achieving this by supporting a work culture that empowers employees to dream big as they enable new technology innovations with game-changing efficiencies in LEO, on the Moon, and beyond. We are looking for incredibly passionate, bright innovators to join our team as we deliver game changing commercial products to space.
Your role as a Firefly Flight and Ground Software Test Engineer will be critical to the success of Firefly Aerospace Software for use on launch vehicles, spacecraft, and launch facilities. You will use all-digital and hardware-in-the-loop simulation environments developed by the Software Simulation Team, to test our Flight and Ground software. This will include daily testing of software changes where you will act as a formal independent peer reviewer for software changes.
Flight and Ground Software Test Engineers will also be responsible for developing and executing formal qualification software tests and certification tests including safety-critical testing as required by the U.S. Space Force Launch Facilities and the FAA, for pre and post launch software safety.
You will be part of the Aerospace Software Engineering Group and will work closely with Flight Software, Ground Software, and Software Simulation personnel to provide thorough tests for our software before use on a launch vehicle, spacecraft, or launch site.
- Design and develop test procedures for testing our Ground and Flight Software in all-digital and hardware-in-the-loop simulation environments
- Develop software for automating test case execution and report generation
- Setup automated testing of daily commits of new Ground and Flight Software and act as a peer reviewer for Merge/Pull Requests
- Create unit tests for simulation models, Flight Software, and Ground Software
- Adhere to customer test requirements, whether internal or external
- Develop and document requirements, designs, plans, and schedules
- Provide accurate test development milestones and communicate them to the Group
- Use Firefly Aerospace Software Engineering development processes and best practices
- Actively learn new test technologies and techniques and apply them to Firefly Aerospace Software testing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Computer Engineering
- Fulltime Industry experience with formal software testing and reporting
- Good C++ or Python knowledge
- Development experience under the Linux operating system
- Knowledge of the Agile Software Development Model
- Use of Git version control on a commercial software product
- Advanced degree in Software Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Computer Engineering
- 3 to 5+ years of experience with formal software testing and reporting for releases, FQT and/or Software Certification
- Exceptional C++ or Python development skills
- Experience with software tests running in the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 Real-Time operating system
- Practical experience using an Agile Software Development framework like Kanban, SCRUM, or Lean Development
- Experience using Atlassian Confluence, Jira, and Bitbucket
- Experience using the NASA Trick Simulation Environment
- Practice using the GitFlow Workflow
- Working knowledge of DO-178C, NASA NPR 7150.2C, RCC 319-19, or AFSPCMAN 91-710 Vol 3 requirements
Firefly offers outstanding benefits for our employees, including generous health, dental and vision plans with low plan deductibles, parental leave, educational reimbursement, short term disability, and flexible PTO options.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Something looks off?