Structures Manufacturing Engineering Manager
ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Firefly Aerospace Inc. is an American end-to-end space transportation company committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch and spacecraft vehicles.
We are achieving this by supporting a work culture that empowers employees to dream big as they enable new technology innovations with game-changing efficiencies in LEO, on the Moon, and beyond. We are looking for incredibly passionate, bright innovators to join our team as we deliver game changing commercial products to space.
The Structures Manufacturing Engineering Manager is responsible for ensuring smooth and efficient operation, reoccurring production, and new product development. This is a management position that enables the Firefly vision of fast and efficient production of all Aerospace structures. Our composite structures are a crucial part of what sets Firefly apart from our competitors and we are looking for candidates ready to set a new standard in the rocket industry.
The Structures Manufacturing Engineering Manager ensures proper utilization of all Structures Facilities and personnel for production. The successful candidate will oversee all aspects of production from build specifications, manufacturing engineering, tooling, manufacturing technology, quality control requirements, as well as production floor layout and optimization. This role is located and our rocket test and manufacturing facility in Briggs, TX, just north of Cedar Park.
The Structures Manufacturing Engineering Manager is responsible for the following:
- Manage processes and personnel for Composite Manufacturing Engineering and AFP (Automated Fiber Placement) Production
- Identify and rectify system level bottlenecks and/or shortages
- Develop the Production Manufacturing Roadmap to scale to full production rate
- Assess and implement new manufacturing technologies to meet future production needs.
- Coordinate between Structures and Programs to align program schedule.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain to ensure batch/lot procurements are being executed in an efficient manner.
- Ensure that project and department milestones are met on time and within budget
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or manufacturing
- Extensive manufacturing optimization experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Aerospace Manufacturing processes, including demonstrated expertise in the following areas:
- Hand lamination (carbon fiber, fiberglass, Kevlar, etc.)
- Bonding operations (Material abrading, surface cleaning, adhesives)
- High tolerance cutting, drilling, and assembly.
- Application of custom vacuum bags
- Previous experience establishing a new product line.
- Forward thinking, positive, "get it done", attitude.
- 5+ years in an Aerospace/Automotive Production environment or equivalent
- 3+ years in a leadership role
- Experience in bringing projects from development to production and scaling up.
- Manufacturing Efficiency Certification (LEAN/5S/6-Sigma)
- Participated in “Just in Time” planning and production processes.
- Exemplary organization skills
- Proven success in leading a high performance manufacturing team
- Experience creating project and WBS structures.
Firefly offers outstanding benefits for our employees, including generous health, dental and vision plans with low plan deductibles, parental leave, educational reimbursement, short term disability, and flexible PTO options.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Something looks off?