Internship - Government Relations - Fall 2023
ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Firefly Aerospace Inc. is an American end-to-end space transportation company committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch and spacecraft vehicles. Firefly’s launch vehicles utilize common technologies, manufacturing infrastructure, and launch capabilities, providing LEO launch solutions for up to ten metric tons of payload. Combined with Firefly’s in-space vehicles, such as the Space Utility Vehicle (SUV) and Blue Ghost Lunar Lander, Firefly provides the space industry with a single source for missions from LEO to the surface of the Moon or beyond. Firefly is headquartered in Cedar Park, TX.
We are seeking a talented and motivated Government Relations Intern to join our Washington D.C. team and support the government relations department with various projects and tasks. As a Government Relations Intern, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the legislative process and assist in analysis, tracking, research, and advocacy efforts. Responsibilities will vary, and will be project based.
- Analyze legislative priorities and public policy goals at the federal/state levels
- Conduct legislative research and track relevant space policy and regulatory issues
- Research potential funding opportunities
- Analyze legislation to support business decisions
- Other policy analysis as required
- Foundational knowledge of the U.S. Legislative Process
- Excellent organization and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- Must be currently enrolled in either a Bachelor's or Masters program (or a recent graduate) at an accredited four-year university or college.
Firefly offers outstanding benefits for our employees, including generous health, dental and vision plans with low plan deductibles, parental leave, educational reimbursement, short term disability, pet Insurance, and flexible PTO options.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Something looks off?