Internship - Manufacturing - Fall 2023
ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Firefly has year-round engineering focused internship opportunities for our locations in Texas. Both current undergrads and new graduates are encouraged to apply. As a Firefly Intern, you will support a team that is moving America’s largest liquid fueled all composite rocket into full rate production.
Ideal candidates will have a passion for advanced manufacturing. You will have the opportunity gain experience developing novel solutions for challenging problems which you will be responsible for completing. These positions require high levels of creativity, flexibility, and collaboration. The ability to communicate effectively within a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural group is an absolute must.
Work with responsible engineers on tasks including but not limited to:
- Develop and test Material systems and cure processes
- Implement large tooling structures
- Drive projects to improve cost and cycle times
- Research new manufacturing methods and production processes
- Development of fabrication tooling
- Must be currently enrolled in either a BS or MS program (or a recent graduate) at an accredited four-year university or college.
- Willing to work in a hands-on, constantly evolving environment
- Communicates effectively, verbal and written
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Comfortable with use of hand tools
- Passion for Advanced Manufacturing technologies and applications
- Experience with CAD Software such as NX
Candidates should preferably have a focus in one of the following areas
- Demonstrated history of exposure to, or interest in, aerospace structural engineering and/or composites
- Current Materials, Mechanical, Chemical, Aerospace or Industrial Engineering degree programs
- Experience with fabrication techniques related to composite materials
Firefly offers outstanding benefits for our employees, including generous health, dental and vision plans with low plan deductibles, parental leave, educational reimbursement, short term disability, pet Insurance, and flexible PTO options
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Something looks off?