Internship - Electrical Engineering - Fall 2023
ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Firefly Aerospace Inc. (“Firefly”) is an American end-to-end space transportation company committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch and spacecraft vehicles. Firefly’s launch vehicles utilize common technologies, manufacturing infrastructure, and launch capabilities, providing LEO launch solutions for up to ten metric tons of payload. Combined with Firefly’s in-space vehicles, such as the Space Utility Vehicle (SUV) and Blue Ghost Lunar Lander, Firefly provides the space industry with a single source for missions from LEO to the surface of the Moon or beyond. Firefly is headquartered in Cedar Park, TX.
Firefly has year round engineering focused internship opportunities for our locations in Texas. Both current undergrads and new graduates are encouraged to apply. As a Firefly Intern, you will support Continuous Improvement Engineers by looking for ways to improve yield, decrease defects, improve flow and reduce cycle times.
The Avionics hardware design group is responsible for the design of high-reliability avionics systems for Firefly launch vehicles and spacecraft. As an Avionics Intern, you will work in a small collaborative group through all stages of the launch vehicle and spacecraft design, system architecture, preliminary design and sub-system integration. You will be exposed to all of the processes and design guidelines that make Firefly the best new space company on the planet!
- Work as part of a team to develop and implement electrical/electronic component designs for launch vehicle and spacecraft applications
- Understand and implement aerospace guidelines for development and design of electronics assemblies
- Assist in electrical schematics, EEE component selection, and electrical simulations
- Develop test requirements and work with the Avionics test team to develop test plans and procedures, and support testing as required
- Learn all about rocket/spacecraft avionics!
- Enrollment or a recent graduate of a BS or MS program at an accredited university or college
- Excited to work in a hands-on, constantly evolving environment
- Detail-orientated yet able to manage multiple concurrent tasks
- Strong comprehension of design fundamentals in the specific discipline
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Electronic Hardware Design
- Automated or Environmental testing
- Integration, Test, Launch, or On-orbit operations
- Instrumentation, Test, Data Acquisition, and Analysis
- System Engineering and Requirements Tracking
Firefly offers outstanding benefits for our employees, including generous health, dental and vision plans with low plan deductibles, parental leave, educational reimbursement, short term disability, pet Insurance, and flexible PTO options
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Something looks off?