Continuous Improvement Engineer
ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Firefly Aerospace Inc. is an American end-to-end space transportation company committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch and spacecraft vehicles. Firefly’s launch vehicles utilize common technologies, manufacturing infrastructure, and launch capabilities, providing LEO launch solutions for up to ten metric tons of payload. Combined with Firefly’s in-space vehicles, such as the Space Utility Vehicle (SUV) and Blue Ghost Lunar Lander, Firefly provides the space industry with a single source for missions from LEO to the surface of the Moon or beyond. Firefly is headquartered in Cedar Park, TX.
The Continuous Improvement Engineer role is located at our Briggs facility in Briggs, TX
This position is responsible to support the company’s continuous improvement goals and initiatives. Acts as a central resource for continuous improvement, assists with day-to-day production support and projects. Responsible to manage all activities for a continuous improvement philosophy, productivity, and implementation. A technical background combined with product/leadership skills is needed. This position will interact with all areas of the business. This includes but not limited to: engineering, marketing/sales, operations, quality assurance, documentation, training and supply chain.
- Identify areas for improvement, utilize continuous improvement methodologies to work with stakeholders and execute solutions
- Identify manufacturing cost reductions and provide ROI justifications for change
- Optimize a wide variety of processes to reach product quality, efficiency and process repeatability
- Execute LEAN manufacturing techniques and design
- Optimize work flow and cell designs and introduce cost-effective automation for productivity
- Track and execute cost reduction for process improvements
- Plan, execute and manage projects to completion through continuous improvement
- Communicate continuous improvement group’s philosophy, vision and expectations
- Develop and sustain employees training and development on continuous improvement concepts
- Develop measurement systems supporting continuous improvement philosophy
- Lead value stream mapping exercises to determine and record business improvement areas
- Develop and implement project plans to achieve Future State
- Plan and reach expense budget objectives and capital items
- Support floor layouts of new spaces and current workflows
- Support production startup and ramp
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years with proven experience utilizing Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing initiatives
- Expert understanding of production processes
- Ability to understand and lead implementation of new processes
- Ability to analyze complex manufacturing data and propose changes leading to higher efficiency
- Experience motivating teams to execute on corporate level goals
- Self-motivated to implement goals with little supervision
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills to interact with all areas of business
- Strong Analytical & technical skills for all product support activities
- Multi-tasking skills are required to manage multiple projects and various project activities
- Highly hands-on and strong mechanical aptitude
- Certification in Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing, Black Belt preferred
- Experience implementing new key process indicators
- Experience in rapidly accelerating production
- 3+ years in Aerospace
Firefly offers outstanding benefits for our employees, including generous health, dental and vision plans with low plan deductibles, parental leave, educational reimbursement, short term disability, pet Insurance, and flexible PTO options.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Something looks off?