Spacecraft Electrical Engineering Manager
ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Firefly Aerospace Inc. is an American end-to-end space transportation company committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch and spacecraft vehicles.
We are achieving this by supporting a work culture that empowers employees to dream big as they enable new technology innovations with game-changing efficiencies in LEO, on the Moon, and beyond. We are looking for incredibly passionate, bright innovators to join our team as we deliver game changing commercial products to space.
A Firefly Avionics spacecraft electrical engineering manager is responsible for the team that provides cutting edge avionics design and integration to all of Firefly’s spacecraft programs. In this role, you lead the rest of the spacecraft avionics engineers assigned to Firefly’s two Blue Ghost lunar lander programs, our SUV program, and any future contracts. You will be responsible for guiding system-level trades and managing the integration, test, and launch operations timeline and logistics. You will develop procedures, processes, and guidelines to ensure your team executes at maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Lead a team of avionics engineers across multiple spacecraft programs.
- Work closely with other managers to ensure quick and clear communication between teams.
- Ensure consistent cross-vehicle avionics approaches, strategies, and technologies.
- Lead high-level, functional design and development of avionics systems for current and future spacecraft.
- Advocate for, guide, and train direct reports
- Manage performance, development and training plan of direct reports.
- Deconflict competing priorities between programs.
- Coordinate tests, align schedules, and relentlessly pursue milestones.
- Oversee daily operations and develop procedures for use of hardware assets including HIL facility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Aerospace Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience working with aerospace component development, testing, integration, or operations.
- 2+ years of experience managing teams, project planning, subcontractor management, or other project management skills.
- Organized with strong leadership capacity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
The ideal candidate will possess one or more of the following:
- 5+ years of experiencing managing or mentoring engineers.
- Experience with aerospace avionics system design, development, testing, or operations
- Experience in electrical engineering, including usage of test equipment such as logic analyzers and oscilloscopes, and interpreting electrical schematics.
- Experience in software engineering, especially C, C++, and Python
- Experience with R.F. engineering, design, and test
Firefly offers outstanding benefits for our employees, including generous health, dental and vision plans with low plan deductibles, parental leave, educational reimbursement, short term disability, pet Insurance, and flexible PTO options.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Something looks off?