Program Planner, Launch Vehicles
ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Firefly Aerospace Inc. is an American end-to-end space transportation company committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch and spacecraft vehicles. Firefly’s launch vehicles utilize common technologies, manufacturing infrastructure, and launch capabilities, providing LEO launch solutions for up to ten metric tons of payload. Combined with Firefly’s in-space vehicles, such as the Space Utility Vehicle (SUV) and Blue Ghost Lunar Lander, Firefly provides the space industry with a single source for missions from LEO to the surface of the Moon or beyond. Firefly is headquartered in Cedar Park, TX.
Firefly seeks a highly talented Program Planner to join our fast-paced team. In our Launch Vehicles group, you will develop and maintain program plans for our Alpha & MLV launch vehicle systems. You will work with our Launch Vehicle Program Managers, Launch Operations Team and Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) to successfully plan, coordinate and execute our Launch Vehicles from design to production, integration, test, and all the way through liftoff. A capable candidate could naturally transition in to a deputy program manager or product owner in a few years time.
- Responsible for the Integrated Master Schedules of both the Alpha and MLV Programs by concatenating the ancillary department specific schedules into the higher-level program IMS
- Active coordination between the technical leadership to ascertain activity dependencies and analyzing resource loading to support program milestones
- Supports identification of possible capacity constraints between the Alpha and MLV Programs utilizing common resources and works with the Program Managers to find resolutions
- Perform splinter scenario simulation and any associated schedule risks to support strategic planning efforts
- Eager, self-starter that is service-oriented to help the team drive efficient execution in a fast-paced environment
- Management of diligent change control and change communication to all levels involved with the Alpha and MLV Programs to ensure extreme transparency
- Lead intermittent schedule status reviews with the Program Managers and executive leadership showing progress, forecast and schedule metrics
- Encourage iterative improvements in corporate schedule management and program planning
- Support the Program Managers in the overall program budget management
- Visiting the production and test site in Briggs, Texas frequently to coordinate with the production and test teams to align on schedule and deliverables
- Plan and schedule readiness reviews for the Alpha and MLV programs to meet customer needs, both internal and external
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Data Science, Business Intelligence, Project Management, or Engineering
- Experience developing integrated master schedules with resource loading using Smartsheet, MS Project, Primavera or comparable scheduling software
- Great understanding of and implementation of scheduling best practices
- Experience in a manufacturing/product fulfillment based environment
- 3+ years of experience in program scheduling/planning and/or production controls
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, MS Project, MS Visio)
- Comfortable communicating information or data in a concise manner (verbally, graphically, visually)
- Experience with cost/schedule integration and analysis tools
- Strong communication skills in technical work environments
- Experience with Atlassian products like Confluence & Jira
- Comfortable writing macros and leveraging API data from Smartsheet, MS Project, equivalent.
- Familiarity with version control systems like SVN, Bitbucket, etc
- Experience in financial and scheduling model validation techniques
- Certified Scrum Master or equivalent
- Working knowledge of data viewing tools in Python, win/SQL, PowerBI, Tableau or Grafana
- Experience in development and/or operations of launch vehicles
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Budgeting, cost analysis, and financial reporting
- USG and Commercial launch proposal support including translation of estimates into IMSs upon award
- MBA, or Project Management certification (PMP/Certified Project Manager)
Firefly offers outstanding benefits for our employees, including generous health, dental and vision plans with low plan deductibles, parental leave, educational reimbursement, short term disability, and flexible PTO options.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Something looks off?