Manufacturing FP&A Business Unit Controller
ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Firefly Aerospace Inc. is an American end-to-end space transportation company committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch and spacecraft vehicles. Firefly’s launch vehicles utilize common technologies, manufacturing infrastructure, and launch capabilities, providing LEO launch solutions for up to ten metric tons of payload. Combined with Firefly’s in-space vehicles, such as the Space Utility Vehicle (SUV) and Blue Ghost Lunar Lander, Firefly provides the space industry with a single source for missions from LEO to the surface of the Moon or beyond. Firefly is headquartered in Cedar Park, TX.
The Manufacturing Business Unit Controller is the primary financial business partner to the COO and our Alpha Launch team reporting to the FP&A Director. This role works in partnership with business operations managing and driving all financial processes and providing hands-on financial and analytical support. This individual will participate in day-to-day and monthly financial operations forecasting and reporting activities, including leading the forecast and financial review, the annual operating plan, business analytics, process improvements, cost reduction and cash savings, manufacturing variance analysis, inventory and/or manufacturing issues and ad-hoc projects. This is a hands-on, in-depth analysis role intended to drive decisions to improve efficiency, productivity, and profitability.
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders cross-functionally (Operations, Business Development, Engineering) to develop deep understanding of investments, business drivers, costs and revenue
- Lead the annual operating plan and regular forecast process
- Help drive
- Provide support to the monthly budget vs actual analysis
- Support capital budgeting process including business case development, financial analysis and return on investment
- Support business leaders with innovative financial analyses, ROIs, and present compelling, data-driven insights to help the business make more informed investment decisions
- Identify and track key performance metrics pertaining to business operations, competitors, benchmarking, etc.
- Be very technology savvy and implement process improvements and tools to improve the consistency and effectiveness of our Finance team
- Protect the organization’s value by maintaining confidentiality
- Become a trusted advisor to your business partners
- 5-7 years of work experience in financial planning & analysis, accounting, investment banking, consulting, and/or corporate finance
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance related field
- Previous experience supporting a manufacturing oriented organization
- Strong financial and business modeling skills with experience in building financial models
- Excellent analytical abilities, problem-solving skills, and business acumen
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent project and time management abilities
- Strong ability to find the signal from the noise
- Ability to work under pressure within short time constraints and in a complex high-growth organization
- Ability to pivot and successfully adapt in a constantly changing environment
- Exposure to business intelligence tools
- Cost accounting experience
- Financial reporting experience
Firefly offers outstanding benefits for our employees, including generous health, dental and vision plans with low plan deductibles, parental leave, educational reimbursement, short term disability, pet Insurance, and flexible PTO options.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Something looks off?