Embedded Software Engineer - Spacecraft
ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Firefly Aerospace Inc. is an American end-to-end space transportation company committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch and spacecraft vehicles. Firefly’s launch vehicles utilize common technologies, manufacturing infrastructure, and launch capabilities, providing LEO launch solutions for up to ten metric tons of payload. Combined with Firefly’s in-space vehicles, such as the Space Utility Vehicle (SUV) and Blue Ghost Lunar Lander, Firefly provides the space industry with a single source for missions from LEO to the surface of the Moon or beyond. Firefly is headquartered in Cedar Park, TX.
In this role you will work collaboratively as part of the Spacecraft Flight Software Team to design, develop, test, and integrate the embedded flight software for Firefly spacecraft. You will work in a group of flight software engineers through all stages of spacecraft software development processes and collaborate with other engineering teams.
- Complete the development, test, and integration of flight software on time, meeting all functional and performance requirements
- Work closely with the other Spacecraft engineering groups for the success of the program
- Adhere to the Aerospace Software Engineering Group’s processes, procedures, and best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related STEM/STEAM field and 3+ years of development experience
- Proficiency in C/C++ on embedded targets
- Proficiency with Linux, Arm and microcontrollers
- Proficient in programming for SPI, I2C and UART devices
- Prior experience developing driver software
- Familiarity with Python
- Familiarity with the Agile Software Development Processes, Git, and Git workflow
- Ability to work closely with other teammates and in a fast-paced environment to meet strict deadlines
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related STEM/STEAM field and 7+ years of development experience
- Prior experience developing applications for vehicles (Spacecraft, Rockets, UAV / Drones, Autonomous Vehicles) on a Real-Time Operating System
- Proficiency in network programming
- Familiarity with ASM (Assembly)
- Familiarity with Yocto and BitBake
Firefly offers outstanding benefits for our employees, including generous health, dental and vision plans with low plan deductibles, parental leave, educational reimbursement, short term disability, and flexible PTO options
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Something looks off?