AI&T Engineer (Spacecraft)
ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Firefly Aerospace Inc. is an American end-to-end space transportation company committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch and spacecraft vehicles.
We are achieving this by supporting a work culture that empowers employees to dream big as they enable new technology innovations with game-changing efficiencies in LEO, on the Moon, and beyond. We are looking for incredibly passionate, bright innovators to join our team as we deliver game changing commercial products to space.
We are seeking an outgoing, proactive, and highly effective Assembly, Integration, and Test (AI&T) Engineer to assist the integration and test of our lunar lander. This person will focus on functional testing of the lander, for subsystems, lander-level testing, and in-orbit mission operations support.
- Act as the primary AI&T interface between the Firefly engineering and programmatic teams.
- Develop test plans, procedures, test scripts for lander and subsystem level functional testing in coordination with subsystem REs.
- Coordinate and lead test readiness reviews with key program personnel.
- Assist in the development and execution of lander assembly work instructions
- Support on-console lander operations as a flight controller during lunar missions
- Plan and execute joint operations with launch vehicle provider at launch site leading up to lunar missions
- Assist in development of ground software and user interfaces for displaying telemetry and issuing command sequences to lander and payloads.
- Develop and execute commands and Mission Scenario tests on HITL testbed.
- Plan and execute structural, thermal and EMI/EMC environmental tests, including coordination with off-site test facilities.
- Configure and operate support equipment (data acquisition systems, pressurization carts and others) to support various subsystem tests.
- Bachelors’ degree in aerospace engineering or related field.
- Experience testing spacecraft.
- 5+ years’ experience in the aerospace industry
- Basic working knowledge of aerospace qualification and acceptance testing defined by SMC-S-016 or GEVS.
- Excellent communications skills (written and oral). Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings to peers, management, and external customers.
- Experienced in Python
- Experience with Epsilon 3
- Experience operating Spacecraft on console
- Experience with propulsion fluids systems and associated tests
- Experience operating pressurized systems
- Basic working knowledge of AFSPCMAN-91-710, MIL-STD-882, RCC-319-14 and NASA Standards 8719.13.
Firefly offers outstanding benefits for our employees, including generous health, dental and vision plans with low plan deductibles, parental leave, educational reimbursement, short term disability, pet Insurance, and flexible PTO options.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Something looks off?