ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Firefly Aerospace Inc. is an American end-to-end space transportation company committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch and spacecraft vehicles. Firefly’s launch vehicles utilize common technologies, manufacturing infrastructure, and launch capabilities, providing LEO launch solutions for up to ten metric tons of payload. Combined with Firefly’s in-space vehicles, such as the Space Utility Vehicle (SUV) and Blue Ghost Lunar Lander, Firefly provides the space industry with a single source for missions from LEO to the surface of the Moon or beyond. Firefly is headquartered in Cedar Park, TX.
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for leading quality activities during integration phases of production aiding in the development of work instructions, supporting key quality check points while proactively supporting integration activities to ensure best practices and company policies are being applied/followed.
May manage Quality Engineering processes and/or projects. Uses experience and knowledge to influence the development, modification, application, and maintenance, or quality evaluation, control systems, and protocols. Candidate shall be capable of implementing lean process’ and identifying areas of improvement to aid in cost reduction and eliminating waste. This role is located at our rocket production facility north of Cedar Park, in Briggs, TX.
- Develop and Maintain inspection plans and quality control points within the manufacturing processes including statistical process control (SPC) and sampling plans
- Create and maintain standard work instructions for detail inspections
- Train others on the performance and completion of First Article Inspection of parts and assemblies to Drawing and Specification as per AS9102.
- Maintain records of First Article inspections
- Complete diverse paperwork and systems records for traceability and movement of products; perform product and process audits and drive Corrective Actions
- Perform training on inspection techniques and requirements
- Analyze and make changes to procedures, processes and metrics that support compliance with regulatory standards and drive continuous improvement.
- Provide research and interpretation of regulations, and requirements to ensure compliance with external standards.
- Implement standards, tools, and methods to ensure the effectiveness of quality processes and sustain quality performance improvements.
- Review procedures and metrics that impact quality and make necessary changes to ensure compliance with standards.
- Review quality data and determines if products and processes are aligned with regulatory standards.
- Prepare and maintain Quality documentation including Quality metrics.
- Manage projects and processes to reduce Cost of Poor Quality.
- Implement process improvements to support a Culture of Built in Quality (BIQ).
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to eliminate waste, drive process and quality improvement by utilizing lean initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and one to five years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and one year of prior relevant experience
- Experience with standards and/or equivalent quality, military, or government standards in the Aerospace industry
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret, and adhere to drawings, specifications, Geometric Dimension & Tolerancing (GD&T), and related quality control documentation and standards
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written
- Excellent organization skills. Willingness to work with a team, share expertise, and follow instructions to accomplish established goals
- Standard computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced team environment
- ASQ CQE
- 6Sigma or Equivalent Training / Experience
- Familiarity and experience in AS9100 Quality Systems
- Familiarity with ‘Newspace’ start up environments
Firefly offers outstanding benefits for our employees, including generous health, dental and vision plans with low plan deductibles, parental leave, educational reimbursement, short term disability, and flexible PTO options.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Something looks off?