ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Firefly Aerospace Inc. is an American end-to-end space transportation company committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch and spacecraft vehicles. Firefly’s launch vehicles utilize common technologies, manufacturing infrastructure, and launch capabilities, providing LEO launch solutions for up to ten metric tons of payload. Combined with Firefly’s in-space vehicles, such as the Space Utility Vehicle (SUV) and Blue Ghost Lunar Lander, Firefly provides the space industry with a single source for missions from LEO to the surface of the Moon or beyond. Firefly is headquartered in Cedar Park, TX.
We are seeking an innoviate Quality manager experienced building a lean and effective Quality program in a design and production environment. In this role, you will have the opportunity to implement processes to meet AS9100 requirements while adding value to the company by meeting key objectives for productivity and profit. Overall, shepherding a NewSpace company from development to production demands extreme technical understanding, grit, and leadership skills - Firefly is seeking the best of the best to drive the company to deliver unprecedented mission assurance in all our launch and in-space service platforms. This role is located at our manufacturing facility located north of Cedar Park, in Briggs, TX.
- Maintain and continually improve all aspects of the AS9100 certified quality managmenet system within Firefly Aerospace.
- Lead a small, focused team of quality engineers, and inspectors to help weave in core quality rigor into everything we do at Firefly to ensure mission success.
- Support all internal and external audits
- Lead or support high level root cause investigations within the company
- Manage the Nonconformance process, drive tickets to closure, and eliminate recurrences.
- Continually improve quality system documentation and systems to meet an ever-evolving customer market.
- Develop an operational rhythm to drive the culture in overall strategic quality direction, objectives, goals, and metrics.
- Engage and support all departments to improve the effectiveness of the Quality Management System
- Manage the quality team to empower them, mentor them, and continually grow the team both in size and skills as needed.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective quality focused work environment
- Bachelor’s in a technical field or equivalent on the job training
- 10 years professional experience and at least 3 years comprehensive leadership experience
- Experience managing quality functions in an AS9100 environment
- Demonstrated understanding of quality engineering, inspection methods, production control, manufacturing operations, product test & evaluation, reliability, root cause/corrective action analysis and facilitation, defect analysis, and control of nonconforming material, as they apply to quality.
- Proven performance implementing lean quality processes and making data driven decisions to improve product quality in a fast-paced design & production environment.
- Comprehensive experience in reviewing engineering drawings and specifications, such as Y14.41 GD&T procedures, D17.1 welding, etc
- Intermediate skills in CAD software (NX, Inventor, Catia, NX preferred)
- Master in developing and maintaining configuration management processes through the full life cycle of a complex vehicle
- Team player and demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with co-workers
- Working knowledge of the various NDE methods and inspection equipment to support production inspection.
- Demonstrated experience hiring and growing teams to meet production and quality goals
- Experience successfully taking a company’s quality systems from a primarily development business to a primarily full rate production business, without losing the ability to tailor processes for either scenario.
- Extensive ERP expertise to help mold common company tools to best meet quality’s needs in a nearly autonomous/invisible approach
- Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent with Prior experience in continual improvement projects / activities
Firefly offers outstanding benefits for our employees, including generous health, dental and vision plans with low plan deductibles, parental leave, educational reimbursement, short term disability, pet Insurance, and flexible PTO options.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Something looks off?