Manufacturing Engineer - Avionics and Electrical Components
ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Firefly Aerospace Inc. is an American end-to-end space transportation company committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch and spacecraft vehicles. Firefly’s launch vehicles utilize common technologies, manufacturing infrastructure, and launch capabilities, providing LEO launch solutions for up to ten metric tons of payload. Combined with Firefly’s in-space vehicles, such as the Space Utility Vehicle (SUV) and Blue Ghost Lunar Lander, Firefly provides the space industry with a single source for missions from LEO to the surface of the Moon or beyond. Firefly is headquartered in Cedar Park, TX.
Firefly Aerospace is looking for a talented and highly motivated Avionics Manufacturing Engineer to help lead the charge to scale up our in-house production capabilities to align with the launch schedule and exciting product roadmap. This is a great opportunity to shape the team and production processes that will guide the future of avionics production at Firefly Aerospace.
- Support avionics production in all aspects from design release through production delivery by constantly removing blockers and solving problems
- Optimize and automate manufacturing and test processes to improve quality and throughput
- Oversee introduction and implementation of new products and product revisions
- Resolve non-conformances found in the production process and implement root cause corrective actions
- Work closely with the design team to optimize manufacturability and design standardization
- Identify, plan and execute capital equipment, machine, and layout upgrades to meet production requirements by working closely with all stakeholders to prepare business cases
- Develop, introduce, and maintain new planning, production, quality, ERP, data collection and analysis, and other processes where none exist
- Support integration, test, and launch operations as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace engineering or equivalent
- Self-motivated to implement goals and solve complex problems with little supervision
- Hands-on approach with a focus on continuous improvement through creative problem solving
- 1+ years of experience in design, manufacturing, and/or production of mechanical or electrical hardware (including internships and/or collegiate extracurricular projects)
- Effective communication in both technical and non-technical conversations
- Experience standing up high-volume production processes and tracking systems.
- Experience developing manufacturing processes for new types of products (i.e. – Battery Manufacturing)
- New equipment procurement and process setup (i.e. – Laser Wire Stripper)
- Experience modeling with 3D CAD software
- Familiarity with IPC standards (i.e. IPC-A-620)
- Experience creating work instructions and standards for operators
- Working knowledge of typical manufacturing execution systems and quality management systems.
Firefly offers outstanding benefits for our employees, including generous health, dental and vision plans with low plan deductibles, parental leave, educational reimbursement, short term disability, pet Insurance, and flexible PTO options.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Something looks off?