Shipping and Receiving Clerk
ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Come be a part of the 21st Century Space Race. At Firefly, we are focused on the leading edge of space systems progression. Our company is committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch vehicles and spacecraft. To get there, we are looking for incredibly passionate, bright, and determined people to join our team.
Come help us support the Supply Chain that builds Rockets! We are looking for high energy individual with exceptional attention to detail. The Buyer I position provides critical support for operations, maintenance, IT and systems. Come be part of something special. This position is located at our rocket production facility north of Cedar Park, in Briggs, TX.
- Monitors and inspects all incoming deliveries for order accuracy, major defects, or damage during shipping
- Compares quantity, part numbers, and supporting documentation of items received with procurement data to ensure completeness and accuracy of order
- Notes inaccurate or unacceptable orders received and refuses to accept these items from delivery service
- Records received items and routes inventoried parts to the inventory cage
- Records shortages and backordered items notifying affected parties
- Signals delivery to Recipient listed on order
- Maintains awareness of deliveries that require Quality Documentation flagging all orders that do not include the necessary documents as per AS9100/AS9102 requirements.
- Maintains material test reports (MTRs) and externally provided quality inspection records for inventory
- Supports Engineering by tracking accurate, timely receipt of orders
- Supports the Quality Manager with recordkeeping, nonconformances, corrective actions and audit support
- Prepares outgoing shipments to ensure proper packaging, address information, packing list, Hazmat signage, and item accuracy
- Supports Procurement with recordkeeping and returns
- Follows safety regulations, including wearing proper safety clothing and gear at all times
- Performs other duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic math skills
- Attention to detail
- Software operation and data entry skills
- Physical stamina to perform regular duties, including
- Lift, push, or pull at least 50 pounds
- Stand for long periods of time
- Crouch, bend, and reach
- Personal and communication skills
- Experience working in a well-structured and automated receiving environment or warehouse
- Odoo ERP/MRP
- Forklift operation
Firefly offers outstanding benefits for our employees, including generous health, dental and vision plans with low plan deductibles, parental leave, educational reimbursement, short term disability, pet Insurance, and flexible PTO options.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Something looks off?