ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Firefly Aerospace Inc. is an American end-to-end space transportation company committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch and spacecraft vehicles. Firefly’s launch vehicles utilize common technologies, manufacturing infrastructure, and launch capabilities, providing LEO launch solutions for up to ten metric tons of payload. Combined with Firefly’s in-space vehicles, such as the Space Utility Vehicle (SUV) and Blue Ghost Lunar Lander, Firefly provides the space industry with a single source for missions from LEO to the surface of the Moon or beyond. Firefly is headquartered in Cedar Park, TX.
Come help us support the Supply Chain that builds Rockets! We are looking for high energy individual with exceptional attention to detail.
- Develops a purchasing strategy.
- Improve and implement processes.
- Manages members of the purchasing team.
- Negotiates prices and contracts with suppliers.
- Supplier Management and schedule adherence.
- Support supplier scorecard program and QBR.
- Drive Supply Chain initiatives.
- Follow Corporate Procurement Practices and Procedures when making decisions concerning negotiating, sourcing, and contracting for all goods and services purchased.
- Ensures quality of procured items and addresses problems when they arise.
- Keeps up with trends in procurement and raw material.
- Travels to vendor locations.
- Manage/own KPIs for Purchasing
- Aggressively pursue cost savings
- Manage purchasing requirements for product changes and new product introductions
- Proficiency to analyze quotes to determine the overall best offer for a product/service; including supplier past performance, capability, capacity, and financial stability.
- Ensure clear communication of expectations and priorities with suppliers.
- Ensure suppliers adhere to Firefly Quality and compliance standards including supplier selection and part documentation.
- 7 – 10 yrs. Purchasing Management experience or equivalent.
- MS Office (including Excel, Word & Outlook)
- Software operation and data entry skills.
- Demonstrate strong sense of urgency and prioritization of internal issues.
- Proven experience working cross functionally and shown ability to influence and communicate across all levels.
- Strong ability to handle and effectively prioritize multiple competing priorities and requests.
- Possess a valid “Real ID” driver’s license, and clean driving record.
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks.
- Physical stamina to perform regular duties, including:
- Lift, push, or pull at least 50 pounds
- Stand for long periods of time
- Crouch, bend, and reach
- Odoo ERP/MRP knowledge.
- ITAR experience.
- Aerospace Industry as an OEM, Supplier, Contractor, Sub-contractor.
- Experience in an Engineering development, Proto-typing and test environment a plus.
- Experience in AS9100 environment a plus.
Firefly offers outstanding benefits for our employees, including generous health, dental and vision plans with low plan deductibles, parental leave, educational reimbursement, short term disability, pet Insurance, and flexible PTO options.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Something looks off?