ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Firefly Aerospace Inc. is an American end-to-end space transportation company committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch and spacecraft vehicles. Firefly’s launch vehicles utilize common technologies, manufacturing infrastructure, and launch capabilities, providing LEO launch solutions for up to ten metric tons of payload. Combined with Firefly’s in-space vehicles, such as the Space Utility Vehicle (SUV) and Blue Ghost Lunar Lander, Firefly provides the space industry with a single source for missions from LEO to the surface of the Moon or beyond.
Firefly Propulsion Technicians build all engine hardware and turbopumps, starting with simple metal parts and delivering complete engine assemblies. Firefly’s propulsion build facility is a few feet away from the engine and valve test facilities, allowing quick feedback on our build quality and performance. This unique environment lends to an exciting day where a propulsion tech may build an engine in the morning, watch it tested in the afternoon, then disassemble it the next morning for evaluation. Firefly’s propulsion team is building and learning at a rapid pace and we are eager to see how experienced individuals thrive in this type of environment. This position is located north of Cedar Park, in Briggs, TX.
- Assembly of engines, turbomachinery, and component hardware
- Perform leak checks and AVI checkouts on all hardware
- Disassemble and inspect tested engines, providing engineering insight on their hardware health
- Develop complex work instructions to improve build quality and ensure consistency
- Provide engineering desired changes to improve build quality and efficiency
- Inspect peer builds (two-person concept)
- Assist with development of support tooling
- Consistently improve daily operations
- Safely operate high pressure pneumatic, cryogenic, and fuel systems
- Communicate effectively with engineers and teammates
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace
- Proven experience with complex assemblies, e.g. production in aviation/automotive, Oil Rig maintenance/assembly
- 2+ years hands-on assembly experience
- Able to read technical drawings and assembly instructions
- Proven experience with complex troubleshooting
- Understanding of LOx and Helium system / component cleanliness requirements
- Hands-on operations with both large as well as small, fragile assemblies
- Comfortable working within an evolving process
- Flexibility regarding workflow and process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to convey methodologies for assembly and troubleshooting
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lead
- Ability to follow
- Two or more years of experience in one or more of the following fields.
- Rocket engines, turbomachinery, or complex component assembly
- Experience in testing of Rocket engines, tanks, thrust structures and stage assemblies.
- Testing of pneumatic and/or cryogenic valves, fluid systems, actuators, or components.
- Civilian/Military aircraft engine experience
- High School Diploma/GED
- 2+ years relevant experience
- A&P License is preferred
- Relevant Military experience in fixed or rotor wing maintenance is highly desired
Firefly offers outstanding benefits for our employees, including generous health, dental and vision plans with low plan deductibles, parental leave, educational reimbursement, short term disability, pet Insurance, and flexible PTO options.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Something looks off?