Mission Assurance Director
ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Come be a part of the 21st Century Space Race. At Firefly, we are focused on the leading edge of space systems progression. Our company is committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch vehicles and spacecraft. To get there, we are looking for incredibly passionate, bright, and determined people to join our team.
Firefly Aerospace is seeking an experienced Mission Assurance Director to lead our team and support our growing Launch and Spacecraft Departments. As Mission Assurance Director, you will be responsible for the full suite of aerospace challenges from vehicle and program risks, vehicle and process FMECA’s through compliance to the most stringent government customers. A successful candidate will enjoy growing a team and establishing a culture to meet the challenges presented by the new space market..
- The Mission Assurance Director will strategically lead the organization to assure mission success, proactively collaborate with programs to achieve maximum technical products and services value for our customers.
- Champion and drive the evolution to a lean and effective mission assurance system supporting Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Quality & EHS processes, infrastructure and workforce that will meet the current and future needs of the company and each respective business unit.
- Responsible for the Firefly Risk Management System and process, ensuring proper implementation across all programs
- Work with Program Managers and Chief Engineers of each program to manage risks to closure
- Convene flight reviews for each mission and ensure actions are closed prior to each milestone
- Manage the specification tailoring process for each new vehicle.
- Partner with the Programs, Engineering, and other organizational directors to lead all aspects of Mission Assurance across all our missions focusing on an optimized Mission Assurance approach using the 80/20 rule to satisfy and leverage best-practice industry standards with a best value approach.
- Develop communication channels, methods, and tools to align, influence and inform business decision makers and external stakeholders to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with customer Mission Assurance counterparts to develop and build deep-lasting relationships, drive and seek out joint-improvement initiatives and act as the voice-of-the-customer to ensure mission success.
- Define Quality and Mission Assurance metrics for separate program(s) or business unit(s).
- Instill and drive Mission Assurance as a primary pillar of Firefly culture.
- Act as the voice-of-the-customer to ensure mission success.
- Interface with customer Mission Assurance counterparts and governing bodies to assure effective operations; including DoD (US Air Force, US Space Force, DARPA, NRO Space Development Agency, etc.) and NASA.
- BS in Engineering, Business Management or technical equivalent
- 10+ years experience in Mission Assurance or Technical Program Management.
- Detailed knowledge of quality standards (AS9100/AS9120 and/or ISO9000) and aerospace test standards (SMC-S-016/-025,AFSPCMN 91-710, GEVS, and similar).
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing Mission Assurance Plans, preferably with aerospace, launch, spacecraft, and/or commercial aviation programs.
- Proven communication of customer requirements and feedback to multi-disciplinary teams and business units.
- In-depth understanding of typical NASA and government review, certification, oversight, and insight processes.
- Detailed knowledge of Launch Vehicle or Spacecraft systems.
- Experience interfacing with USSF, NASA, 45th or 30th Space Wings and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- Ability to use MS Office suite and Atlassian suite tools.
- Some travel may be required to support customer meetings
- Eligible for Security Clearance.
- MS or PhD preferred in Engineering or technical
- Experience with Atlassian Groupware; Confluence and Jira
- Detailed knowledge in engineering data reviews
- Comfortable in Python or equivalent coding program
- Certified Scrum master
Firefly offers outstanding benefits for our employees, including generous health, dental and vision plans with low plan deductibles, parental leave, educational reimbursement, short term disability, pet Insurance, and flexible PTO options.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Something looks off?